Friday, January 6, 2012

Tomorrow Tomorrow

I love ya, tomorrow. You're only a day away.

Wow, I cannot believe that I am actually leaving for Spain tomorrow for 5 months. It has been such a long process and some days, it felt like it would never come. However, here it is, and I hope that I am ready!

It's definitely a bittersweet feeling - all the goodbyes are tough and the idea of spending 5 months in a place that is completely unfamiliar scares me. But, at the same time, I cannot wait to be learning and using the Spanish language on a daily basis. It sounds nerdy, but it's a dream for me. However, the language barrier is one thing that I am nervous for. It will definitely be a transition to think and speak in Spanish all the time, but I feel ready for the challenge.

Today Lindsey and I met with some students who were in Spain during the Fall Semester and it was so cool to hear about all their experiences and how much they loved it. It definitely excited both of us. Freak out mode will come eventually (hopefully later than sooner) but right now, I am just trying to stay positive and be excited for all this semester has to offer me.

This verse, and the ring I wear that says "Fear Not," have definitely been a comfort to me as I begin this journey:

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
-Isaiah 41:10

And in Spanish of course:

"Así que no temas, porque yo estoy contigo;
no te angusties, porque yo soy tu Dios.
Te fortaleceré y te ayudaré;
te sostendré con mi diestra victoriosa."

Wish me luck!
-Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment