Monday, March 12, 2012

Halfway!

To be entirely honest, I am not sure how I feel about this halfway point in my semester abroad. Part of me feels sad that I only have 2 and half more months here; part of me feels like the time has gone way too fast; but part of me is anxious to get home and see everyone that I miss so very much. I know after spring break, time is going to fly, so I am just trying to live in the moment and enjoy the little things. These things include (but are not limited to):
+ the fact that we are done with 308!
+ finally making Spanish friends in our education class
+ the amazing weather we've been having
+ yummy food here - Rosa is da best!
+ watching my Spanish improve

And so many more. Let's be real here, my life in Spanish is pretty carefree and enjoyable. I always manage to find something to complain to my parents about but I really want to focus on not complaining this second half. So we'll see how that goes!

309 started today. Not much different than 308, except there is a bit more of Latin America and it's more modern. But our schedule doesn't change so that's nice. It's basically just part II of the same class. Classes at la casa de las lenguas are still fairly manageable. I love my art class. So interesting. My expression oral class is good sometimes, but sooo boring other days. But it's only 3 hours a week so that's nice and 4 credits . So I'll take that.

Last weekend we went to Aviles on Saturday and then took a city bus to their beach. So beautiful. We had the best weather and were able to just meander around the city and beach. We ended the day with a delicious glass of sangria :) [man, I'm going to miss sangria when I return to the states] I'll post some pictures of that at the end of this post.

Other than that - not much exciting. We head out for Italy on the 31st! I cannot wait. I know that we are going to have a great time. We'll be traveling to Pisa, Florence, and Rome. Other exciting things we have when we get back include kayaking in Pais Vasco, the Netherlands [for me], and a final group excursion to Barcelona! So April is probably going to go pretty quick with those things all happening. And then May.... ekkk. But let's not think that far, okay? okay.

And a quote to end. Definitely been feeling a new appreciation for my home since being here, but also an appreciation for my new home in Spain.

sometimes we have to leave home in order to find out what we left there, and why it matters so much. -s.n








No comments:

Post a Comment